in response to myself a year later.

I went to my Myspace blog specifically for what you'll see two posts below... awakening. I wanted to read and also send it to a friend who is like me, feeling inspired and uninspired simultanesously... we'll get into that in a sec.

As I read my previous blog, I run into my New Year's resolutions. How cliché that they are almost the same as this years. Looking back on 2008, I am grateful to God for so many blessings. The glass is always half full.

As far as feeling inspired yet uninspired... it stems from the quote below, written a year ago:

Creatively, I am in the dumps. I need more more more! Enough with living day-by-day, waiting to finish school and working towards paying my bills and not satisfying my heart.


I am hoping that blogging will alleviate this. I really miss writing poetry, I miss the creative dialougue within myself that would lead me to write for hours... it's likely been two years or so since I've been prolific.

A year ago...

January 2008
I wanted to work in PR although I was very happy at Toyota. Not being in PR full-time was frustrating, especially after taking on the job with Toyota. I came in thinking I could one day transfer into a PR position - but that would've meant a far-fetched move to NYC also.



August 2008
I began working at Burson-Marsteller, the most prestigious international PR firm and the wet-dream of any PR student. The opportunity found me when I wasn't even looking for work through a friend's recommendation. She applied for the position and was called after already making plans to move to Brazil, got friendly with the HR manager and offered my name. The rest is history. I miss Toyota terribly, my former boss was the most amazing human being and I will know him and his family forever. Growing pains.




January 2008
Loving every minute with my then boyfriend AT, living together was and is the best part of my life! My "plan" was to get married once I was done with school... at this point, I knew I wanted to marry AT, those feelings were there from the start. Little did I know...



June 2008
We go to LA for summer vacation, drive to Vegas. He proposes, I cry, I say hell effin yeah... and I haven't woken up from that dream since. I adore him and everything that has to do with him. Thank you, Lord. I prayed for him for so long.



So... where were my plans? I didn't strategicially plan for any of this and no one ever can plan for what God (or the universe) has prepared for us... We can pray for it, we can hope for it, we can have faith that our goals will come to fruition. In the end, it's our positive energy reinforced by our faith that brings forth the blessings in our life.

Today, I feel blessed and I remind myself that although many goals I have set for myself are still just goals, it's only a matter of time.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:



Paola said...

i love this blog, jennylee! i hope to one day read my old blogs and see that all of my dreams have come true... i will continue hoping and praying... thank you for lifting my spirits about the future...

i love you!!

Anonymous said...

Not prolific my butt! You write wonderfully. Jen, you have an amazing life. We all meet ourselves at a crossroads from time to time, but that's what keeps us in the game of life. You are and have been very fortunate, I pray that that fortune finds you for the rest of your life.
E

Post a Comment